As it’s one of my favourites, I thought I’d show you how to make vegan Boursin cheese.
This is something that is a cross between a soft cheese and a spread. You need to keep it in the refrigerator to keep it firm-ish.
- ½ Cup + 2 Tblsp of cashews soak overnight and rinsed thoroughly.
- 12.3 oz box extra firm silken tofu – drain as much water out as possible.
- 2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice.
- ¾ teaspoon salt.
- ½ teaspoon light miso.
Blend the above ingredients until really, really smooth.
- 1 – 2 medium cloves crushed garlic.
- 1 – 2 teaspoons minced fresh chives.
- 1 Tblsp chopped fresh parsley.
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper.
Blend again until smooth or pulse to have more “chopped” bits.
Scoop into 2 cup ramekins, cover and pop into the refrigerator.
- Use shallots instead of garlic
- Instead of the chives use basil or dill
- Try 2 Tblsp of chopped roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes.
- Add chopped nuts.