Oh this is simply divine – a melon and curry sauce that can be used over anything!
You will need a good food processor/blender and:
How To Make:
- 1 cup of cashews soaked and drained. (for optimum result soak overnight).
Blend these nuts until really, really creamy then add:
- 1 Tblsp Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Blend these with the nut cream then add:
- The flesh of 1/2 a Rock Melon (for a more traditional taste use a Mango).
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Curry powder – add enough curry powder to your taste.
Blend until smooth tasting as you go so you don’t over-do the curry. You want the flavour of the Melon to come through.
Once the sauce is blended to a creamy consistency, put it into a glass jar and refrigerate. You can add to all sorts of dishes at the last minute to just get it heated through.
You don’t want to boil it … be gentle if heating through on its own.
Please leave a comment if you do make this and what you added it to.