This is my version of how to make hummus.
- 1 can of chickpeas (or 1 cup of precooked chickpeas).
- 2 Tblsp aquafaba water (water from the can or the cooking water). (may require more).
- 3 Tblsp tahini
- 2 Tblsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 plump cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (add a little of the pulp)
- Sea salt
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Blend the chickpeas and aquafaba together, add more aquafaba if you want it to be more creamy.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend to the desired consistency.
- Serve with sliced raw veggies, crackers or even use it on top of a salad… you can put it pretty much anywhere!!!
Check out the video in My Kitchen – I made the hummus live on FB and at the end discovered I’d left out the garlic!!!