Exactly … what is a Vegavore? Think that’s odd – try Carnesparian
These are just two of the new buzz words out there and, add to that Sustainatarian and Reducetarian and you have a miriad of words that now define the nuances from the standard Carnivore, vegetarian and vegan.
You see, vegetarians can be those who don’t consume the flesh on animals (including seafood) but do still have animal protein in the form of dairy, eggs and honey. Of course the pure vegetarian or total or 100% vegetarian eat no animal protein at all and stick with the original meaning of the word – vege (vegetables) tarian.
And this is where the nuances begin.
So the vegavore is perhaps the oddest word, because one assumes it means no animal, but in reality is is a combination of vegan and carnivore (the two most outer reachers on opposite sides of the scale). So a vegavore is someone who very rarely eats meat … perhaps once a month.
The Carnesparian is perhaps better terminology as it comes from the words – carne (animal flesh) and sparse (infrequent, sporadic). These people are mostly vegetarian, but will have some meat on some occassions. Perhaps a bit less meat than a Flexitarian who is the flip side of an Omnivore
Keep up …..
More nuances. You see vegans come in different ways –
- The vegan who say they’re vegan because they eat a pure vegetarian diet.
- The vegan who does the food, won’t buy new animal products but will wear recycled.
- The vegan who does the food and doesn’t buy or wear animal products new or recycled.
- The vegan who does the food won’t buy new animal products nor use or condone anything that is associated with animals such as zoos, acquariums even pets.
- … and then there is also the vegan who does all of the above and is zero waste as well.
Is it easy being a vegan? Well, actually, yes it is. It’s all in the WHY – why are you doing it and how far you wish to take it.
So welcome Vegavores and Carnesparians at least you’re doing your bit to help save your health, the health of the animals and the health of our planet.
p.s. Other new words – Climatarian, Reducetarian and Sustainatarian – pretty all self explanatory.
Which one are you?